Are you a Talent Acquisition Manager looking for a step up and an opportunity to build the talent acquisition function from the ground up?
We’re looking for either a Talent Acquisition Manager or Senior Talent Acquisition Manager* to join us at Kepler to support our hiring efforts within Kepler and across our 7 studios worldwide. This is a hybrid role with our office based in the Old Street / Shoreditch area.
*final title will be determined based on the person’s experience
Kepler Interactive is a global game developer and publisher built on a unique co‑ownership model. We give studios a stake in the business and a leadership role in strategic decision‑making, whilst preserving their creative independence, enabling them to make fun and commercially successful games appealing to a wide audience. We have seen massive growth from two games launched in 2022, and are looking to build on this going into 2023.
We're proud to be among the winners of "Best Places to Work 2022 UK" by GamesIndustry.Biz! We're excited to continue the journey with our team and to keep on building an amazing workplace.
Backed by a first financing round of US$120M, the group has seven founding members: A44, Alpha Channel, Awaceb, Ebb Software, Shapefarm, Sloclap, and Timberline. With our HQ based in London and an operational hub in Singapore, the Kepler group now represents an international team of over 300 talents spanning 10 countries. Our support and leadership team has vast gaming industry experience along with a proven track record of financing, marketing, and working alongside developers to bring great games to market at scale.
We provide competitive salary, annual bonus scheme and the potential to join a stock option plan. We also offer great benefits such as:
- 25 days holiday + public holidays + end of year shutdown
- medical insurance
- healthcare cash plan
- life insurance
- income replacement insurance
- employee assistance programme
- a personal training budget of £1,500 per year
- charity initiatives policy which includes:
- Up to 5 days paid volunteering leave
- £100 to a charity of your choice on your birthday and an end of year holiday gift,
- Matched regular payroll giving
- flexible working location and hours.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to develop a first class talent acquisition strategy across the whole Kepler Group. You will work with the Senior HR Director, and both Kepler and Studio Senior Leadership to determine best practices to help us attract the best talent.
You’ll be working as a true partner to implement creative solutions that hit the right balance of consistency and flexibility. The role will be split between talent acquisition strategy and active recruitment (respectively) for key hires to both Kepler and our studios.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Work with the Senior HR Director to develop and ensure the day-to-day delivery of short, medium and long term talent acquisition strategy
- Advise on Employer Branding of Kepler and the studios to ensure they accurately highlight and promote our cultures
- Determine which games industry events Kepler and our studios need to have a presence at in order to further build our reputation within the industry
- Review and improve existing recruitment processes at Kepler and studio level, ensuring that these are developed both with candidate experience and business needs in mind, and that diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) practices are embedded throughout
- Ensure candidate experience is key and take the lead on identifying ways to constantly improve this – be approachable, diligent, and enthused by our candidates having wonderful experiences with Kepler, regardless of their outcome
- Be a trusted partner for each of the studios’ leadership teams. You will have visibility of their hiring plans and provide advice and guidance on time to hire, latest market trends and best recruitment practices
- Move beyond reactive recruitment by using data analytics to determine modern and effective ways to attract and engage world-class talent, to build a pipeline for Kepler
- Support the Senior HR Director and COO with internal mobility of talent between the studios; helping to define and roll out a process that provides visibility and opportunities for our people
- Be a coach, and an advisor to hiring managers, helping them understand the importance of the function.
- Provide interview training to ensure everyone is equipped to provide an excellent candidate experience and accurately assess candidates’ skills, experiences and abilities
- Support the HR team on new projects which will include DE&I, early careers programmes and the roll out of a new global ATS
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A proven Talent Acquisition Manager that has experience partnering with different leadership teams
- Experience working with teams located in multiple international locations
- Talent acquisition experience within games industry
- Ability to drive for results and exceptional organisational skills
- Self-motivated to make a difference
- Strong personal values and high levels of integrity
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders and build strong relationships
- Ability to question and challenge the status quo
- Ability to plan and prioritise in the short, medium and long term whilst retaining flexibility
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Effective presentation and influencing skills
- Experience working with ATS tools and exceptional LinkedIn Recruiter skills
- Used to developing pipelines for hiring and maintaining a network of possible future hires
Don't meet all the requirements?
We care more about outcomes than ticking boxes, and we know the perfect person for the role often has a CV that's a little different.
Research shows that women are particularly less likely to apply if they don't meet all the criteria in a job listing. If you're second guessing yourself, we encourage you to get in touch anyway.
Don't quit before you've started!
How can we support you?
We want to set you up for success and make our recruitment process as accessible as possible for you.
In your application, feel free to let us know if you need anything to make your experience or environment more comfortable. We'll do our best to support you!