Are you an ambitious HR Manager/Business Partner looking for a step up and an opportunity that allows you to build the HR function from the ground up?
We’re looking for either a HR or Senior HR Manager* to join us in our Shapefarm Japan studio to support our people based in Sweden, Japan and across the world. If you’re not already living in Japan, we will support your relocation and help to make the process as smooth as possible.
*final title will be determined based on the person’s experience
As Senior HR Manager, you will be responsible for helping to develop an inclusive and highly motivated team, driving team excellence internally and representing the studio’s HR activity within the Kepler Group and in the wider games industry.
You’ll be working as a true partner and contributor to Shapefarm Leadership, providing input that plays a key part in achieving the studio’s mission to build, live and promote a great work environment.
You will support our globally distributed team which includes our two main locations in Sweden and Tokyo, Japan.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Own and drive all people and culture projects across the entire employee lifecycle, from employer branding, talent acquisition, employee engagement, performance management, and everything in between.
- Be the first point of contact for all day to day studio HR queries and ensure these are dealt with in line with relevant legislation and internal policies.
- Provide advice and coaching to managers on a variety of day to day people matters, such as performance management, employee relations, sickness absence case management, etc. ensuring all people policies and relevant legislation are also followed.
- Play a driving role in ensuring that we continuously develop our employees on both a professional and a personal level through relevant learning and development programmes.
- With the support of Kepler HR, implement and/or maintain HR tools for Shapefarm including an HR information System and an Applicant Tracking System
- Ensure all administrative HR tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner. This includes processing data, forms, and letters and ensuring the HR Information Systems are maintained.
- You will report on relevant HR data and metrics required by internal and external stakeholders timely and accurately.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A proven HR Manager that has experience partnering with leadership teams.
- Experience working with employees located in multiple locations including fully remote employees.
- A strong working knowledge of Japanese employment law.
- Fluency in English.
- Self-motivated to make a difference.
- Strong personal values and high levels of integrity.
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders and build strong relationships
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to question and challenge the status quo.
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to lead complex employee relations cases
- Experience working with HRIS tools
- Ability to drive for results and exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise in the short, medium and long term whilst retaining flexibility.
- Business acumen – an ability to develop a thorough understanding of the business environment and industry
- Some knowledge of Swedish employment law, not a must have as training will be provided.
- Some Japanese and/or Swedish language skills, again not a must have
- HR experience within games, creative, tech or media
JAPANESE VISA QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor's degree or 10 years of experience
AT SHAPEFARM WE…
- Are humble
- Make sure the job gets done
- Take responsibility for our work and our actions
- Have the willingness to walk the extra mile to help others
- Have a positive attitude towards problem solving
Shapefarm stands for inclusivity and equality, thus treats people, regardless of their race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age—with respect, and without judgment or bias.
Don't meet all the requirements?
We care more about outcomes than ticking boxes, and we know the perfect person for the role often has a CV that's a little different.
Research shows that women are particularly less likely to apply if they don't meet all the criteria in a job listing. If you're second guessing yourself, we encourage you to get in touch anyway.
Don't quit before you've started!
How can we support you?
We want to set you up for success and make our recruitment process as accessible as possible for you.
In your application, feel free to let us know if you need anything to make your experience or environment more comfortable. We'll do our best to support you!