Are you an ambitious Finance or FP&A Analyst looking for an opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting industry?
We are currently seeking an FP&A Analyst to join us at Kepler Interactive. This is a hybrid role with our office based in the Old Street / Shoreditch area.
Kepler Interactive is a global game developer and publisher built on a unique co‑ownership model. We give studios a stake in the business and a leadership role in strategic decision‑making, whilst preserving their creative independence, enabling them to make fun and commercially successful games appealing to a wide audience. We have seen massive growth from two games launched in 2022 in comparison to 2021, our first year of operation, and are looking to build on this going into 2023.
We're proud to be among the winners of "Best Places to Work 2022 UK" by GamesIndustry.Biz! We're excited to continue the journey with our team and to keep on building an amazing workplace.
Backed by a first financing round of US$120M, the group has seven founding members: A44, Alpha Channel, Awaceb, Ebb Software, Shapefarm, Sloclap, and Timberline. With our HQ based in London and an operational hub in Singapore, the Kepler group now represents an international team of over 300 talents spanning 10 countries. Our support and leadership team has vast gaming industry experience along with a proven track record of financing, marketing, and working alongside developers to bring great games to market at scale.
We provide competitive salary and the potential to join a stock option plan. We also offer great benefits such as medical insurance, as well as flexible working location and hours.
About the Role
This is the second role in the FP&A team based in the UK and with this early mover advantage you will be able to help set things up in the best way possible, help create processes and drive the way we do things.
We need someone who is commercially minded and who understands and is excited by consumer-based entertainment company models. In addition, they should have a sound understanding of general accounting principles, as well very strong Microsoft Excel skills to be able to drive the development of our forecasting processes. This role will suit someone from either a practice background with some experience in industry or someone looking to make their first move into industry as it will be an opportunity to learn about the core workings of an FP&A team
This role will report to the FP&A Director but given the team is small, there is also the likelihood of working directly with CFO on certain areas. There is also plenty of opportunity to work directly with the video game studios themselves. This will suit someone who wants to get stuck in and get involved with a company with set strategic aims in a relatively tight timeframe, do a bit of everything, but be able to ask for help or advice when needed.
- Assist in the financial planning cycles (Annual budgeting, re-forecasting, pacing) to ensure finance and commercial teams are in step and deadlines are effectively managed;
- Support the month end close process; including reporting revenue reporting across the Group and ensuring the accuracy of Studio P&Ls by investigating discrepant or anomalous data;
- Involvement in routine and ad hoc reporting to the business in a form that accurately and clearly articulates the key points and provides analysis & insight;
- Assist in the development and analysis of financial and non-financial critical metrics and share insights for the business to grow & succeed;
- Be an effective business partner to our studios, fostering a culture of integrity and providing supportive challenge as well helping to professionalise their finance capabilities;
- Providing support to other business teams and key stakeholders in the business across a wide variety of internal projects and on-going accounting & operational initiatives;
- Drive automation and improvement in reporting and process;
- Share information concisely in Powerpoint using visuals/graphics appropriate to the audience; and
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Recently Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA);
- Confident user of accounting software with an ability to learn new systems quickly along with advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge;
- Drive towards systems based solutions for forecasting and planning (experience of FP&A software Planful a bonus);
- Exceptional modelling skills;
- A strong business partner with the ability to build commercial relationships across all levels of a business;
- Knowledge of accounting policies, IFRS and how they impact commercial outcomes;
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines to ensure key deliverables are met, meets deadlines and is reliable;
- Communicate issues succinctly and in a timely manner. Proactively manage issues before they become problems;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Detail oriented with the ability to keep focused on the big picture;
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and committed to seeing tasks through to completion;
- Able to develop key relationships across all functions throughout the company;
- Ability to take full ownership of projects within a small team; and
- Experience with PowerBI or Tableau is an advantage but not mandatory.
We have some great benefits to take advantage of, including private health care. We intend to expand the list of benefits as the Company grows and matures.