Kepler Interactive is a global game developer and publisher built on a unique co‑ownership model. We give studios a stake in the business and a leadership role in strategic decision‑making, whilst preserving their creative independence, enabling them to make fun and commercially successful games appealing to a wide audience. We have seen massive growth from two games launched in 2022, and are looking to build on this going into 2023.
We're proud to be among the winners of "Best Places to Work 2022 UK" by GamesIndustry.Biz! We're excited to continue the journey with our team and to keep on building an amazing workplace.
Backed by a first financing round of US$120M, the group has seven founding members: A44, Alpha Channel, Awaceb, Ebb Software, Shapefarm, Sloclap, and Timberline. With our HQ based in London and an operational hub in Singapore, the Kepler group now represents an international team of over 300 talents spanning 10 countries. Our support and leadership team has vast gaming industry experience along with a proven track record of financing, marketing, and working alongside developers to bring great games to market at scale.
- We have some great benefits to take advantage of, including private health care. We intend to expand the list of benefits as the Company grows and matures.
About the role
As a Build & Test Engineer you’ll be responsible for maintaining and contributing to the code and developments shared between the different Kepler studios. You’ll be in charge of finding solution to common problems and help the studio share engine code and plugins.
- You will use your knowledge and experience to plan, create and maintain the build pipeline and infrastructure to help the studio collaborate together.
- You will ensure that all the code shared across the Kepler studio is properly tested and validated.
- You will help studio identifying code that can be shared as plugins and help them extract the code at the end of a project.
- You will help the studio integrating the plugins and/or engine modification in their game if needed.
- You will be in in charge of identifying and implementing cross studio developments (engine optimization, engine improvements, production environment).
- You have experience working with colleagues from multiple different departments to understand and fulfil requirements for the entire build and release pipeline.
- You have experience working in an UnrealEngine 4 or 5 environment
- You have strong C++ programming skills
- You have a good knowledge of Unreal Engine build system in a high-performance distributed setting across multi-core server/desktop architectures.
- You have experience in creating or maintaining a CI/CD pipeline
- You have knowledge of Revision Control software (Perforce and Git) in terms of administration and scripting.
- You have knowledge of the administration of Windows Server, and Linux.
- You have excellent cross team communication skills.
- You have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You can self-prioritize and execute with minimal supervision; you are known for your passion and aptitude for practical software development.