This is an exciting opportunity to work at Shapefarm Studios as an IT System Administrator. You will work closely and collaboratively with the Kepler team but be employed by Shapefarm.
Shapefarm as a company is built upon a unique breadth of expertise working on AAA projects across the world. We’ve been around since 2010, serving as an A-Team for game studios in need of better art, audio, better tech and unique narrative ideas.
- Work closely with the Global IT Team to ensure Shapefarm is functioning at an optimum level
- Assist Global IT with Tasks and projects
Increase employee effectiveness.
- Reduce employee downtime.
- Understand departmental requirements and problems that can be solved through technology; propose and develop solutions.
- Create training materials and internal documentation.
- Stay informed of emerging technologies and evaluate their value to the studio.
Streamline the onboarding and offboarding process.
- Deliver a seamless onboarding experience to new employees.
- Ensure access is revoked, equipment is collected, and data is retained for terminations.
- Drive continuous improvements and automation around these processes.
Manage assets and costs.
- Procurement, tracking, RMA, and disposal of studio devices.
- Software licensing, procurement, and audits.
- Ensure tracking and submission of IT expenses
Studio IT systems and services.
- Responsible for installing, supporting, repairing, and maintaining computer systems and servers; on-premise or cloud.
- Monitor the performance metrics of the hardware, software, or platforms.
- Configure and review system log files.
- Respond to service outages.
- Patch operating systems and third-party applications.
- Perform backup and recovery for physical and virtual servers.
- Manage and maintain the storage systems, on-premise or cloud.
Studio and employee risk mitigation.
- Analyze and enforce IT security requirements.
- Provide access management to resources through identity and access control.
- Design and implement security policies and alerts.
- Defend against unauthorized access.
- Manage support tools, such as firewalls and antivirus software.
- Conduct security audits.
- Manage and enforce compliance.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of database, system, Network or Security administration experience.
- Working knowledge of virtualization.
- Working knowledge of AWS/Azure.
- Good understanding of localised on-prem infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategies and plans.
- End-to-end project management and capability to lead projects.
- Experience with Gsuite, M36, Slack, Box etc ..
- Experience working from a ITSM tool.
- Experience with Mimecast or similar.
- Experience with endpoint security (SentinelOne, CheckPoint, Bitdefender, Windows Defender or similar).
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Experience with DevOps or as a Build Engineer.
- Microsoft Certified.
- Experience working for an international company across multiple time zones.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 / 5.
- Experience with Perforce.
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft.
Japanese Visa Qualifications
A bachelor's degree or 10 years of experience.
At Shapefarm we…
- Are humble
- Make sure the job gets done
- Take responsibility for our work and our actions
- Have the willingness to walk the extra mile to help others
- Have a positive attitude towards problem-solving
Shapefarm stands for inclusivity and equality, thus treats people, regardless of their race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age—with respect, and without judgment or bias.
Thank you for considering Shapefarm!