Are you an ambitious finance director or finance manager looking for an opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting industry?
We are currently seeking a Finance Director to provide maternity cover (16 - 18 month contract) to join our team in the Old Street / Shoreditch area.
Kepler Interactive is a global game developer and publisher built on a unique co‑ownership model. We give studios a stake in the business and a leadership role in strategic decision‑making, whilst preserving their creative independence, enabling them to make fun and commercially successful games appealing to a wide audience.
Backed by a first financing round of US$120M in 2020, the group has seven founding members: A44, Alpha Channel, Awaceb, Ebb Software, Shapefarm, Sloclap, and Timberline. With operational hubs in London and Singapore, the Kepler group now represents an international team of over 300 talents spanning 10 countries. Our support and leadership team has vast gaming industry experience along with a proven track record of financing, marketing, and working alongside developers to bring great games to market at scale. For more information, please visit our website, along with those of our studios.
We're proud to be among the winners of "Best Places to Work 2022 UK" by GamesIndustry.Biz! We're excited to continue the journey with our team and to keep on building an amazing workplace.
About the role
We need someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, and who is ready to dive straight in and learn all about the group. You'll provide management with insightful data-driven recommendations, accounting and reporting support. At the same time you’ll be equally comfortable with detailed technical accounting matters and be ready to find the correct answer for multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional reporting under IFRS, especially those involved in consolidation and acquisition accounting.
We want to ensure a great handover on either side of the maternity cover so are looking for someone to start around January 2023 (or earlier if available) and work through to April 2024. Kepler is continuing to grow and there may be an opportunity to continue to work in the group even once the current Finance Director returns from maternity leave.
This role will report directly to the CFO, and suits someone who wants and needs to get stuck in at every level. You’ll be involved with helping the company to achieve its set strategic aims in a relatively tight timeframe. You will be able do a bit of everything, but also know when to ask for help or advice.
- Work directly with the CFO, but also lead the financial control and reporting function, and ensure the team is supported and staffed;
- Lead the preparation of periodic monthly financial results to the Board of Directors and other major investors including month-end variance analysis to forecast;
- Be responsible for the preparation of consolidated financial and statutory accounts for the group under IFRS;
- Lead the financial/regulatory aspects of investment transactions and support due diligence, especially with respect to PPA and other acquisition accounting considerations;
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including reporting, and auditing;
- Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the finance team from an accounting and reporting perspective;
- The potential to lead from an accounting perspective any and all transactions in the future, including future fundraisings of the business;
- Help to prepare for a potential listing of the business in the future, both in terms of ensuring accurate presentation, appropriate accounting policies, and KPI benchmarking across the Group’s activities;
- Provide on-going support to the CFO and the other key stakeholders in the business across a wide variety of internal projects and on-going accounting & operational initiatives;
- Ensure compliance with financial regulatory requirements across the group;
- Drive automation and improvement in reporting and process, with the implementation of new systems across the Group; and
- Help support the team and assist with recruitment of new team members.
- Management level finance experience - well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to investment transactions, multi-currency consolidation, PPA;
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent) with experience in the preparation of financial statements and technical accounting;
- Bachelors degree or equivalent;
- Experience of working with Auditors to complete statutory audits;
- Confident user of accounting software with an ability to learn new systems quickly along with high Microsoft Excel knowledge;
- Strong knowledge of accounting policies and IFRS;
- Experience in a publicly listed company and dealing with related corporate governance, compliance, and regulatory matters and experience in the IPO process is an advantage;
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines to ensure key deliverables are met; meets deadlines and is reliable;
- Communicate issues succinctly and in a timely manner. Proactively manage issues before they become problems;
- Detail oriented with the ability to keep focused on the big picture;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and committed to seeing tasks through to completion;
- Able to develop key relationships across all functions throughout the company;
- Ability to take full ownership of projects within a small team; and
- Experience in video games industry is an advantage but not mandatory; candidates without video games industry experience must be able to demonstrate their understanding of the space.
We have some great benefits to take advantage of, including private health care. We intend to expand the list of benefits as the Company grows and matures.